Monday, December 2, 2013

December Projects!

   Wow, I have not blogged in a while! Life was catching up to me for a while there, but I'm back ahead of it. Last month I dedicated a lot of my free time to practicing my banjo and doing a self portrait project (which I did not finish), and not a lot of time making things. This month I want to change that up though.

   I have recently started to learn to knit. I am really new to this and haven't even made anything yet! I bought a 'learn to knit kit' from Barnes and Nobles on impulse, and I decided this will be a great new hobby! My sweetheart got me One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit or Crochet on Black Friday, since Hasting's had a "five used books for twenty dollars" sale.

   I also ordered some books off Amazon. None have arrived yet but there was a 30% off books sale that I just couldn't pass up! I am awaiting The Ohio Knitting Mills Knitting Book, Knits for Nerds (totally looking forward to the Firefly themed projects here!), Getting Started Knitting Socks, and Woodland Knits!

   This month I decided a couple of my goals to be to begin and finish (at least) one crochet, knitting, and sewing project each. I need to get back to making things! I feel at my best when I've accomplished making something beautiful. :)

   Here's the three projects I've got planned. I may decide on something else later, but for now I look forward to these:



   The Larissa moto jacket pattern from Burdastyle.com, which I want to make in denim! :D



   These cunning Jayne Cobb style socks from Knits for Nerds!


   And this triangle fringe scarf from Crochet Boutique!


   Well, that's all I have to share for now! I just wanted to peek in and say, "I'm still here!!" and share this month's upcoming projects with ya'll. Which one is your favourite?

   Have a craft day. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and love to hear what my readers think!

Disqus for F. K. Sew