Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Jeans, Part Two: Reconstruction

    So, when I left off on my last jeans post, I had already started prettying up my very first pair of home sewn jeans. This is what they looked like before that.

    I started the beautification process by bleaching. Unfortunately, I was unaware that some of the jean fabric was not bleach safe, and it disintegrating. Luckily, most of it was not damaged and lightened properly. So I had to start basically over again with pieces cut from a different pair of jeans, which I made sure where bleach friendly first this time!

     Still, this time I decided to bleach the pieces first and not risk it. I didn't take many photos of the construction process, since I posted the construction of the last piece, so here is the end result. :)

     Last time I constructed this pair of jeans, I did not want to alter the pattern since it was my first time using the pattern and first time making jeans. I planned on improving a few things next time. The high wasitedness, the button and zipper around, and the waistband in general. Since I had to remake them anyways, I decided to just go ahead and make my changes.

     It didn't turn out perfect, but I consider it an improvement! There's a few more things I'll still do different with the next pair, but for now these make me really happy.

     Okay, now it's time to actually beautify them this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments and love to hear what my readers think!

Disqus for F. K. Sew